Monday, February 6, 2012

I love you because...

Samantha, I love you because you like to play with cars. You aren't always a pretty, pretty, princess and I love that. I remember consciously choosing to play with cars and racetracks over barbie dolls and houses at our childhood friends' house.
Samantha, I love you because you enjoy playing with your brother and get so excited about his accomplishments. These days you always make sure we cheer and clap for Ryan when he pulls up to standing. I know there will be a time when you will want nothing to do with your brother, but for now you are his favorite (never mind you're his only) big sister.
Samantha, I love you because you enjoy listening to books before bedtime/naptime/and almost anytime. While we read you let me use your stuffed animals as my pillow although I've learned never to do this with Elmo or teddy bear (or any of the ones that wear diapers as they are your little children and I may hurt them).
Samantha, I love you because you enjoy playing with Daddy. You are still learning how to take turns with your brother when it comes to using Daddy as a jungle gym, but the laughter always out weighs the complaints  of having to let Ryan have his turn.

Samantha, I love you because you take care of your dolls and teddy bears like your own babies. You watch and mimic everything we do with Ryan and you make sure to do the same things with your dolls.
Samantha, I love you because you read to your stuffed animals. Your memory astounds me with the number of stories you are able to recite and share with whichever stuffed animal happens to be near by. I hope you will always keep this love for reading. 

Samantha, I love you even when it takes every last bit of energy to deal with your tantrums and obsessive, compulsive ways. You amaze me every day and for that I love you as well.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment