Yet again our boy is falling victim to second child syndrome. Or maybe it's the keeping busy with work, training for a 1/2 marathon, Kurt playing hockey, trying to keep our house clean, daily bike rides with Samantha, or two kids calling for your attention that is keeping me from documenting the milestones of our dear Ryan.
Needless to say....over the past couple weeks our boy has become proficient at pulling himself up on anything he can get his hands on. His crib has since been lowered to it's bottom most level which will hopefully keep him in.
Ryan is always interested in whatever big sister is doing. So far he is following in her footsteps of being a book lover. He will sit and listen for a short while but then likes to take over by turning pages whether or not you are ready.
Big sister is definitely fulfilling her roll. She has learned what needs to be done to keep Ryan safe (watching what he finds on the floor, keeping the bathroom door closed, feeding him snacks, and giving lots of hugs and kisses).
Ryan continues to be a happy boy even putting up with a little dress up.
I remember my sister and I enjoying playing school with little brother and I'm beginning to notice a similar trend with Samantha and Ryan. Samantha amazes us every day with her intelligence and she is beginning to enjoy trying to pass it on to Ryan. Flashcard animal practice in the warm sun is the best!
I finally got a couple shots in as Ryan's official 9 month photo shoot, Kings jersey and all. He even cooperated in sitting in my little red chair. Samantha still loves "her" chair and I have a feeling is not going to want to share. Daddy is going to have to work quickly to get Ryan a chair of his own!
Here was a shot from Samantha's 8 month shoot with the red chair.
Ryan's latest thing is to play with spoons (hence the spoon in the picture). It also helps when it comes to feeding time. Less screaming and head turning, more eating! And note his first tooth that finally came through! Our boy is definitely slower than sister in the tooth growing department but is working on it. I think his second bottom tooth is trying to make an appearance without much success yet.
Our boy is growing up so fast. As I'm starting to plan Samantha's birthday I'm realizing soon I'll need to start the planning for his 1st! Where has the time gone?
Of course I have to add one picture of Samantha's latest trick in the house. Our girl knows she's a "big girl" and can reach just about anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment